(Question & Answer)
Subject : Biology New Syllabus
1.Answer the following question one mark each
1. what is binary fission?
Ans:The type of asexual reproduction occurs in single celled organisams. Where a cell divides into two halves and each rapidly grows into adult.
2. What is fertization ?
Ans:it is the fusion of one male gamete with egg cell and second gamete with polar nuclei in angiosperm.
3. Dfine spermiogenesis ? Whre does it occur?
Ans:The process of the transformation of spermatids into spermatozoa is called spermatids. It occurs in the seminiferous tubules of testis.
4.what is a true breeding line?
Ans:It is one that has undergone continuous self pollination and show the stable trait inheritance and expressipn of it for several generation.
5.what is a true breeding line?
Ans:It is one that has undergone continuous self pollination and shows the stable trait inheritance and expression of it for several generation.
2.Answer the following question two mark each
1. What is the role of predators in maintaining species diversity in an ecosystem?
Ans:predators help in maintaining species diversity in an ecosystem or community by reducing the intensity of competition among the competing pery species.
2. Mentional four functional aspects of an ecosystem?
Ans:The four functional aspects of an ecosystem are
(1) Productivity (2) Decomposition
(3) Energy flow (4) Nutrient cycling
3. Mention the harms caused by fine particulates in human.?
Ans:(a) They may be inhaled deep into the lungs and cause breathing and respiratory problems
(b) Irrition of lungs (c) Inflammation of lungs
(d) Premature death
4. Explain what is meant by biofortification?
Ans:Crop breeding programme aimed at increasing quality of crop like highvitamin content, more minerals, complete proteins and heathier fats.
examples : lysine and tryptophan rich maize vitamin a enriched carrot.
5. Mention three reasons for the success of green revolution in india?
Ans : Use of improved verities of crps
a) Employing better manegement practice
b) Use of agrochemical such as fertilizers and pesticides.